About Me

Hi! My name is Jerrica Crosby and I am a Junior at Animas High School. This year, we were given the great opportunity to do a three week internship. I have chosen to do my internship at Illuminarts Photography. I will be setting up photo shoots, editing pictures, and photographing Seniors for their senior pictures. Follow me here to view my progress throughout these three weeks! Enjoy(:

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Resume




Objective

To obtain a position as a senior photographer. Also to experience and learn all there is to know about photography.


Education
2009-2010 Durango High School Durango,Colorado

 2010-2012    Animas High School  Durango, Colorado


Skills-
Peoples Person


Fast learner
Dedicated worker
Organized
Flexible and Reliable
Self Motivated




References-
Available on request


Extracurricular Activities
2009-2012       Varsity Basketball               Durango, Colorado


Hobbies-
Basketball



Internship at Illuminarts Photography 


Being granted to do a three week internship this year, I have decided to intern at Illuminarts photography.  I will be doing many things while interning at the studio.  Such as, assisting with photo shoots, learning how to edit photos, helping with the online boutique,  assisting with assigned administration, learning how to use cannon 5D cameras and lighting equipment, helping create an employee manual, and shadow photographers.  My mentor’s name is Amy Semel, and I will also be working with her husband, Drew Semel.  I know that they will push me to do my best and learn as much as I can in these three weeks. They will be very helpful throughout this process, and I love that I can share my excitement with them.


I wasn't really sure where I wanted to intern when we started this project.  I had a few things in mind but they didn't work out, which I think happened for a reason.  My first idea was to intern at the local Cancer Society.  I am very interested in fashion. Therefore, my plan was to do a fundraising fashion show with the cancer patients being the models. I was extremely excited for this internship. However, my plan fell through. I was in a frenzy until I was told about Illuminarts Photography.  Rachel told me all about it and I checked out their website instantly. I loved what I saw, and I contacted them.  

When I first talked to them, they wanted to set up a interview so we did that right away.  We planned a time and met at the studio to talk about my internship and my options that I could have for possible projects.  They contacted Rachel the next day and told her that they would love to have me, and thats when I knew that this was all going to work perfectly. 

At my interview, not only did we talk about what I wanted to learn, but also what my possible project outcome could be.  Many ideas were thrown around such as photographing babies, fashion, and nature. I didn't dislike these ideas, I was just waiting for an idea that I could connect to.  Then, Drew proposed a great idea that my project could start shooting senior pictures.  I really loved this idea because I instantly had models in mind that I could use and how I really could connect with this project.  With that being said, for my project I will be setting up senior photo shoots, photographing them, and editing the pictures.  My final piece that I will show off at exhibition will be a display of all of the different senior models that I had the opportunity to photograph. 

After I found out that I will be interning at a photography studio, I did some background research. I found out that lighting is a huge part of every photo in  photography.  Lighting of a picture can give many different effects because of the light that is shown through the lens. Getting lighting perfect in a photo shoot is key but also very difficult, it also depends on what is being photographed. If you don't know how to modify the pictures that you are taking in the sunlight, they will come out as shadows.  I also learned a lot about what lighting to use when you are taking different pictures.  If you are taking pictures of other people, it is said to use soft lighting. If you're taking pictures of portraits harsh lighting should not be used. Lighting is one of the biggest elements of photography and I can't wait to learn more about it. 

I will be interning 30 hours a week, from 10am to 3:15 pm. To complete this project, I am setting up 3-5 photo shoots in the first week that my mentor(s) will talk me through and help me.  During this, I will learn a lot about lighting, positioning, and angles.  After that I will learn about many photo editing programs such as PhotoShop, Light Room, Bridge, OnOne, and WordPress.   Each day, I will work on gaining knowledge in photography whether it be from books, editing pictures, or going out and taking my own pictures.  Towards the end of my three weeks I will apply the knowledge I gained to take another set of senior pictures and see how much I have improved and how much I have learned. 

There will definitely be many possibilities for running into problems during this internship.  I don't know very much at all about photo editing programs, and there is a chance that I will get frustrated and won't know what to do.  However, Ill handle this because I know that my mentor(s) are there to help me through each struggle but still push me to do my very best.  I will take full grasp of every challenge that I come across and try to work it out and keep moving forward.  I am very self motivated and this will come in handy when I encounter problems. 

I am very excited for all of the things that I know I’ll learn during this internship. This internship will not only push me to learn more about photography, but also to help gain business and people skills.   Which will be skills that I will carry with me in the future. 




No comments:

Post a Comment